About Me

About Me

Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Outfits over the past 6 months - I’m an awful person I know!


It has been an insane amount of time since I have posted on Bex and the City, I didn’t even make it to Paris Day 2! Girls and guys….I’M SO SORRY!!

Here comes the defence:
Life has been pretty full on, I have changed jobs, I am moving into a part PA part internal communications role…the communications part I am VERY excited about.
My wonderful boyfriend bought a house and asked me to move in when it all went through…we get the keys on Friday AAAAAH!!!

But the main and quit embarrassing reason why I haven’t been blogging is because I moved out of the flat I shared with my best friend (she bought a house with her bf….so proud!) and I now do not have a mirror to take my pictures. I am still getting over not being able to take pictures in the mirror that helped me start my blog, any more. But it’s ok. I am getting over it and it is very much on the ‘house list of priorities’ to get a fabulous and flattering mirror so I can get myself back in the blogging game!

So I thought I’d do a quick post to catch up on the few outfits I have managed to take pictures of since I went  awol (just to clarify that is no link to the army in anyway it is me using it in a fun light hearted, I left my blog without permission kind of way) .

Final day at work outfit

For my last day at my previous employer which of course included leaving drinks, which of course included sambucca shots I wore this little ensemble 


I teamed this wonderful bee like, embellished top with black tailored shorts, thick black tights and black high wedge shoe boots.

I could tell you where these are all from but it was over 6 months ago so it is unlikely any of it will still be in the shops (again sorry) but hopefully it'll give you ideas for outfits with clothes you have or have seen in the shops now.


To finish off the look I wore a black fedora hat and a clashing broad check jacket.


I used straighteners to get these little curls pulled out of an up doo,

 Moving day

Moving out of my wonderful flat in Surbiton that I had lived in for 2 years with my best friend. We had a blast. And even moving day deserves a little bit of fashion love, even if it has to be boringly practical.


I teamed my patchwork jeans with this bright comfy Coca Cola jumper and ever faithful white converse. Comfy, fun and practical.

New work outfit

So this outfit I can totally tell you where its from...well the blazer at least and thats the best part of this outfit anyway.


This gorgeous bright blazer is from Marks & Spencers - LINK
This link will take you through to the petite blazer as they do not sell the 'non petite' blazer online but they do have it in stores.
I love the shape of this blazer and the stretchy, lightweight material makes it super comfy and also a great purchase now that will see you through the spring and summer too!

I teamed it with a sleeveless high neck white shirt, peg-leg back trousers and black pointed stiletto shoes.  

Wedding 1 of 2

I went to two weddings this year, a summer and a winter wedding...love a good wedding, which ever season!

My gorgeous cousin Kayleigh got married this summer.
To the wedding I managed to great (what I thought) was a nice wedding outfit wearing a very simple dress but adding to it with wonderful accessories.

The dress is a simple bodycon stretch dress from RiverIsland.


I then addes this wonderful navy fascinator from Accessories, along with a pair of navy leaf accessories (which I can't show you a picture of as all of my jewellery is pack away for moving house) and also a wonderful navy, pink and burgundy floral box clutch bag.


How dapper do these guys look!!! It was such a brill day!

Wedding 2 of 2

I splashed out a little bit on the dress for wedding 2 but not as much as it might have been as I got it in the sale! This gorgeous Karen Millen dress is a little bit to die for. I particularly like the ruching around the tummy, particularly handy when your event is two days after Christmas.



CHRISTMAS LOOK!

I actually LOVE this H&M Santa jumper, I literally want to wear it every Christmas forever.
Naturally I glammed it up a bit with peg leg trousers and red skyscraper heels!


For all you loyal BATC readers thank you soooo much for not leaving me, for any new readers HELLO I hope you enjoyed it!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment